MedsCheck and Diabetes MedsCheck
Take The Confusion Out Of Managing Your Regular Medication
If you are taking multiple medications, managing your regular meds can become difficult. Your prescribing doctor will have discussed how to take a particular medication and discussed possible side effects with you. You also may have read the information leaflet accompanying the medicine. With all the instructions and potential side effects, it is sometimes hard to know if you are getting the most out of your medication.
Medicare Approved MedsCheck Service Provider
Gerringong Pharmacy is an approved MedsCheck provider. MedsCheck is a program set up by Medicare
which aims to:
- Help patients learn more about their medicines including how medicines affect medical conditions
- Identify problems patients may be experiencing with their medicines
- Improve the effective use of medicines by patients, and
- Educate patients about how to best use and store their medicines.
Gerringong Pharmacy can also provide a Diabetes MedsCheck for patients with Type 2 Diabetes. This review focuses on their diabetes medicines, monitoring devices and self-management.
Are you eligible for a MedsCheck?
For a customer to be eligible for a MedsCheck they must:
- Be a Medicare or DVA cardholder;
- Have not received a MedsCheck, Diabetes MedsCheck, Home Medicines Review or Residential Medication Management Review in the last 12 months;
- Be living at home in a community setting; and
- Be taking five or more prescription medicines.
Would you or someone you know benefit from a MedsCheck? A personal MedsCheck with one of our qualified pharmacists may take between 20 and 30 minutes so it’s best to book an appointment. Call us on 4234 1333 for more information and to see if you qualify for a free MedsCheck or Diabetes MedsCheck.